Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Academic Development
6 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Construction Economics and Management enjoys an international reputation for its activities in the fields of Property Studies, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management and Project Management. The Department is also home to the Urban Real Estate Research Unit.
The Department is seeking to appoint a permanent full-time academic at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level in the role of Academic Development. Academic Development is a strategic initiative in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment which seeks to improve the quality of teaching and learning in all its programmes, aimed towards meeting its goals of equity of access and outcomes. We invite suitably qualified persons to apply for this position.
Minimum requirements include:
- For appointment at Lecturer level, a Master’s degree in education or a built environment discipline.
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer level, a PhD in one of the above fields and/or significant relevant research and teaching experience.
- Research track record and teaching experience relative to the position applied for.
Advantages – Demonstrated qualities that would inform the level of appointment
- Experience in academic development activities at undergraduate level.
- For appointment at Lecturer level, previous teaching experience in higher education.
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer level, a research publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Provide support to staff in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and learning space.
- Facilitate student support structures in the Department.
- Work closely with the Head of Department and Programme Convenors in supporting teaching pedagogies, curriculum design and ensuring student success.
- Contribute to excellence in research at UCT.
- Conduct research, supervise postgraduate students and publish in refereed journals.
- Participate in the management and administration of the Department.
- Be socially responsive by engaging with community and/or industry through teaching and research.
- Complete a PhD (if not already held).
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is:
- Lecturer - R683 358
- Senior Lecturer - R834 707
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file (max size 10Mb) to Ms Abigail Dixon at Recruitment03@uct.ac.za:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc);
- A motivation letter, specifying the relevance of your experience to the post applying for and to the Department;
- A full CV including details (e-mail addresses & phone numbers) of 3 contactable referees.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates may be required to deliver a short presentation to the Department.
Telephone: 021 650 1673
Reference number: E19298
Closing date: 22 July 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
Apply for Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Academic Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly