Laboratory and Technical Support Assistants, Veterinary Anatomy/Pathology
We now offer two exciting opportunities for a Laboratory and Technical Support Assistant specialising in either Veterinary Anatomy or Veterinary Pathology to join James Cook University (JCU).
Both roles are part time (21.75 hours per week) and are on a continuing basis HEWL 4 ($59,660 - $63,376) located at the Townsville Campus.
What you will bring to the role To ensure your success in the role, please address the following selection criteria;
- Year 12 Certificate and/or Certificate qualification in a relevant field with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and work with dead animals, tissues and fluids in a safe manner, and an ability to perform manual handling tasks as required.
- A track record of success working both independently and as a team member with demonstrated organisational, multitasking and prioritisation skills.
- An ability to perform general cleaning and disinfection duties safely, including but not limited to hosing, scrubbing and laundry duties.
- Previous laboratory experience and demonstrated experience in applying judgement and initiative to make regular decisions on the provision, availability and deployment of resources and services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proven ability to use Microsoft Office software applications, familiarity with other Laboratory/ generic information management systems or a demonstrated ability to learn new computerised systems.
- Previous anatomy or pathology experience or previous experience handling specimens in regards to safety, organisation, identification, ethically and confidentially.
- Hold or be willing to obtain a heavy vehicle licence.
Please note it is a requirement of this position to be/willing to be Q fever vaccinated,(or show immunity)
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- attractive options for salary packaging
How to Apply
Please visit the Careers at JCU website to submit your application via vacancy reference 16811 -
Applications close: 14th July at 11 pm