Digital Learning Partner
Closing date: 09/07/2019
Salary: £33,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Human Resources
Role Location: Office based in either London or Manchester (with regular travel)
Contract: Full or part-time and permanent
Proposed start date: 1 September 2019
Reporting in to the Head of People Transformation and Capability, this role forms part of a small team focused on developing the organisation’s employee base through strategically lead digital learning initiatives. The role will focus on supporting tailored learning and development delivery across the full organisation in line with BPP’s People Strategy.
A key responsibility is developing and leveraging digital learning to support employee development. This person will act as digital subject matter expert developing leading edge content and solutions across a wide range of subjects including leadership and management, customer service, digital literacy, equality and diversity and compliance.
To enable BPP to meet its stretching growth strategy we need to create a high performing culture and workforce. Current HR and L&D processes are in need of review and improvement to ensure that our people can be the best they can be and have a high quality employee experience. Improving management capability is a major challenge to enable HR to be a more strategic function within BPP and improve employee engagement. In a fast changing digital environment BPP needs to increase internal bench strength to increase client satisfaction and enable growth and agility. Focussing effort on creating a sustainable and future-proofed people strategy will be a key enabler for BPP over the next 2-3 years.
The main responsibility of the role will be to develop a cohesive learning and development culture at BPP through designing and implementing new and relevant ways of learning.
- Developing and implementing a digital literacy strategy and solutions for BPP working closely with the School of Business and technology and the IT teams
- Creating leading edge learning environments and solutions
- Creating and facilitating active learning communities to ensure learning is embedded
- Managing the BPP staff VLE and online content
- Managing the L&D related functionality and content on the HR system working closely with the HR Systems Manager
- Responsible for developing, delivering and monitoring BPP compliance learning
- Responsible for producing and analysing Learning and Development management information(MI)
- To identify best practice training and expertise within the organisation and to develop appropriate systems to harness and share
- Own and develop the Learning and Development intranet site
- Develop and implement instructional design standards for internal elearning
- Manage and source L&D external suppliers such as Skills boosters, Litmos Heroes, Eventbrite
- Responsible for developing comprehensive learning curriculums working closely with the Talent and Leadership Partner and Talent and Leadership Consultant
- Responsible for tracking overall ROI on learning interventions
- Working closely with other digital learning experts across BPP to ensure we have a cohesive approach to internal learning and development
- Managing L&D projects to time and budget
Due to internal changes this role offers a strong opportunity for ownership of the internal approach to Digital Literacy Strategy and, making it a clear ‘value add’ to the business and a key element of our cultural development. This is a genuine opportunity to work in an environment where we can utilise and coordinate a wealth of experience across a company committed to producing for the market place, innovative market leading products and look to lever that expertise to deliver to our own people.
- We are looking for a commercially driven, Digital Learning lead with strong, evidenced credibility in eLearning development and overall learning technologies
- You will understand a wide variety of learning technologies and be well versed in the latest thought leadership on learning methods
- You will be delivery focused with a desire to build strong relationships with the HR Team and stakeholders across the company
- You will have experience of working in a learning and development function in a fast paced, complex organisation with a demonstrate able ability to understand the needs of varying stakeholders whilst building strong and impactful relationships
- You will be able to challenge and inspire people to engage in innovative and relevant training methods
- You will be experienced in content development and delivery and able to deliver face to face training in a range of subjects
- Instructional design skills and using a variety of products to develop learning
- Very strong digital competency and able to pick up new systems at pace
- Excellent communications skills both written and face to face
- Ability to develop learning content and bring it to life in an innovative way
- Ability to deliver face to face learning and support the wider team when required with delivery
- Ability to create training materials and user guides that have high impact
- Being adaptable to change and a strong team player is essential
- An understanding of best practice University learning and development would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong project management skills
- Good understanding of people centric change
You will ideally have a relevant Instructional Design and Project Management qualifications and ideally be CIPD qualified.