- Part Time
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 9.5% super
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
- Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
About the role
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is seeking a highly organised individual to fill the requirements of an Events Officer, who will be responsible for the coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of MGSE’s key internal and external events.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- Coordinate the development, delivery, and evaluation/improvement of the Melbourne Graduate School of Education’s key internal and external events including, but not limited to, the Dean’s Lecture Series, MGSE Awards Evening, and other key events, conferences and summits as directed.
- Manage finances and budgets for events including; sourcing quotes and liaising with both internal and external suppliers, managing sponsorship arrangements, providing financial administrative support to the Communications Manager.
- Attend all events and ensure logistical tasks are managed and completed. Work collaboratively with other team members, allocating them specific job roles as required to ensure all tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently during set-up, throughout the event and following delivery.
- Assist MGSE staff by providing specialist advice on best practice event management, including signposting to, developing and updating resources, templates and content within the Event Toolkit.
- Provide regular reports and updates on program activities to the Communications Manager.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive event documentation, including risk assessments, run sheets, budgets, event checklists and evaluations, according to University policies and best practice.
If you can demonstrate your talent in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
Applications close: 17 Jul 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time