University Academic Fellow in Artificial Intelligence in Financial Services
- Full Time
Are you an experienced and ambitious researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a strong research background in computer science, artificial intelligence and machine learning? Do you want to further your career in a world-leading, research-intensive Russell Group University?
With a vision and drive to contribute to a World-Leading research portfolio, as well as a passion for undertaking research-led teaching, you will make a significant impact on the performance, stature and profile of research and student education at The University of Leeds.
Leeds University Business School and the School of Computing has a growing portfolio of research and teaching in the areas of technology and innovation as applied to financial services i.e. Fintech. Recently, we have established a cross-University Research Centre in Fintech and the area is now a key strategic priority for the University. This Centre brings together experts from disparate areas all of whom can contribute to the development and application of technology in financial services across a range of domains. Current research activity includes developing the use of artificial intelligence in audit, understanding the impact of technology on jobs and employment, and how technology can help improve productivity.
In teaching, the growing demand for students including company executives is growing significantly and a new MSc in Financial Technology specifically aimed at executives will be launching in 2019. As part of our strategic expansion in this area, we are seeking to appoint in any one of the following areas as applied to Fintech:
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Real-time systems and control
You will help to deliver the University’s strategic vision in this area by:
- Strengthening the Schools links to salient work in other Schools and Institutes across the University where there are complementarities e.g. the Leeds Institute of Data Analytics;
- Building collaborations across the Alan Turing Institute of which Leeds is a member;
- Contributing to the Schools development of funding streams and real-world projects, and
- Enhancing the Schools ability to deliver outstanding taught programmes in this area.
You will be expected to:
- Conduct and publish high-quality research in your field, delivering outputs rated 3* and 4* that are returnable in the next REF;
- Establish and maintain technology platforms that facilitate knowledge transfer and innovation;
- Submit high-quality funding proposals to deliver a portfolio of fundamental and applied research projects, where appropriate with external collaborators, to achieve the Schools income norm by the end of the third year, and to exceed it by the end of the fifth;
- Contribute to the Schools taught programmes, including teaching on specialist topics aligned with financial technology.
Career Pathway: Tenure track equivalent post requiring successful completion of a 5 year development plan, leading to appointment to a grade 9 Associate Professor, with the potential for accelerated progression.
Find out more about our Academic Fellowships
For any queries, please email: UAFSupport@leeds.ac.uk
To explore the post further, please contact:
Dr Iain Clacher, Leeds University Business School
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 6860
Professor David Hogg, School of Computing (Faculty of Engineering)
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 5765
As part of the application process you will be required to upload the following documents:
- A CV;
- A list of publications;
- A statement detailing your research and academic plan (no more than 2 sides of A4).
Location: Leeds - Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Business
School/Institute: Leeds University Business School
Grade: Grade 8
Salary: £40,792 to £48,677 p.a.
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Monday 22 July 2019
Downloads: Candidate Brief Email details to a friend