Senior Research Development Manager, International, Research Strategy Office
1 day left
- Full Time
- Lead international research grant funding applications for a Go8 university
- Senior member of the Research Strategy Office
- 5-year fixed term contract
Reporting to the Director, Research Strategy Office, you will drive the development and delivery of major research initiatives, funding opportunities and prestigious grants schemes in the international arena across UNSW research activities, and supporting opportunities aligned with UNSW’s research strategy. You will proactively provide strategic advice and assistance in the development of high quality, competitive research grant applications and major research opportunities for UNSW researchers across all types of research activity and from all international funding sources. This position is a senior member of the Research Strategy Office and will represent the RSO and UNSW at various meetings, and contribute to the development of strategic plans, policy and procedural documents and operational protocols for the RSO and undertakes process and documentation reviews.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Research Strategy Office works with Faculties, research teams and researchers to initiate, facilitate and secure new national and international research funding bids and Fellowships; and develop ongoing strategies to ensure that UNSW enhances its research profile and increases the level, quality and diversity of research funding.
About the Successful Applicant
You have extensive experience in international research funding gained in a university, major research organisation or philanthropic foundation as well as:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the Australian higher education research environment and international research funding schemes
- Track record in providing support and feedback to applicants throughout the development of major research funding proposals or business case development and delivery in industry or Government
- Project management capabilities with evidence of high-level prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience in the development and execution of a major funding strategy, preferably in the international area
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff with varying qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and consultation skills, and discretion dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
To Apply: If supporting world-class researchers to secure international funding is of interest to you please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: 02 9385 2401
Applications close: 11 pm Wednesday 17th July
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.