School of Psychiatry / Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally. The Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA) in the School of Psychiatry is an international centre of excellence in multidisciplinary research into the ageing brain, including examining various aspects of cognitive disorders and dementia, as well as undertaking research into the prevention, treatment and assessment of cognitive ageing.
The Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA) is looking for an energetic Event Administrative Assistant to join our Communications and Projects Team. We are seeking a pro-active and highly organised person to work closely with key CHeBA and UNSW Sydney staff to co-ordinate and oversee all aspects of event organisation from start to finish. You will have a wide range of duties with the priority being the provision of exemplary and high level administrative assistance and quality control across of all aspects of event logistics of CHeBA’s academic forums, visiting lectures, public and corporate forums, donor stewardship events, training workshops as well as community and corporate fundraising events.
About the role
- $66K-$70K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading (pro rata)
- Fixed Term for 12 months from date of appointment.
- Position is available Part-time 0.6 FTE (21 hrs per week)
As an Administrative Assistant you will provide day to day administrative support to the Communications and Project Officer and Event and Engagement Officer; assist with coordinating all aspects of events including venue management, execution plan, name badges, setting up registration platform; maintain records for all events, fundraising activities and compile sponsorship proposals; assist with procurement of in kind contributions; drafting and personalising donor recognition letters and follow-up thank you calls/emails.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification and/or at least 3 years’ high level experience in event administration.
- Have an expert understanding and use of Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, outlook, PowerPoint etc.).
- Be extremely organised and have brilliant attention to detail across multiple tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Possess a can-do attitude, work well under pressure, and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and team members.
- Be driven, outgoing and able to adapt to the many different aspects of this diverse role with the ability to perform ad hoc duties and react proactively to the multi-faceted demands of the position.
- Have the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and be able to take direction.
Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria found in the position description in their application.
Please apply online, applications sent through email will not be considered.
Applications close: 11 PM 16th July 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au