Stanford University is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities and has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Its faculty and students approach teaching, learning, and leadership in a spirit of discovery and service; its researchers take medical, environmental, and information technology constantly into new frontiers; its graduates start some of the most successful businesses anywhere. And Stanford’s staff is behind it all.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL) is seeking an Administrative Associate to support staff, students and faculty with facilities, procurement and administrative needs. This position provides support for departmental financial transactions, facility inquiries, internal events, as well as other administrative tasks.
Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. If you are an organized, service oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated then we’re looking for you.
Provide administrative or operational support working under general supervision.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Back up building manager as needed: Troubleshoot facilities related issues such as security, health and safety, and work continuance.
- Create documentation, resources, and develop tools in support of operational teams.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Often perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequent sitting.
- Often stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
May require early or late work hours and weekend hours in the office to provide access and support to service/maintenance/service vendors on site.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4102
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83665