Business Development Manager
Closing date: 15/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Commercial - Business Development
Proactively secure and convert new business opportunities within northern England, predominantly focused on apprenticeships but with the capacity and understanding offer BPP’s full range of training options.
BPP has evolved over the last 5 years, and with it the business development function had become critical to ensure planned growth can be maintained and budgeted for.
Working with the National Business Development Manager, this role would focus on regional clients who pay into the apprenticeship levy to fund their training and development. Proactively targeting these organisations through outbound business development, as well as analysing inbound enquires, the Regional Sales Consultant would be a key regional contact to ensure the conversion of apprenticeship pipeline and wider commercial training opportunities.
Working in collaboration with the National Business Development Manager, wider BPP, client services, and the commercial team:-
- Identify and agree the primary new regional business targets
- Achieve personal / BD targets and KPI’s set by the NBDM
- Ensure all client activity is up to date within Salesforce.
- Pitch effectively for regional client business across all of BPP’s apprenticeship standards
- Focus on regional accountancy opportunities
- Ensure annual individual growth targets are achieved to meet requirements of the BPP 5 year growth plan.
- Establish and build senior relationships within clients, identify business opportunities and win new business.
- Work closely with BPP School of Business and Technology and BPP Professional Development division to ensure a coordinated approach is adopted to grow tailored corporate solutions in both the UK and globally.
- Work with clients to identify and leverage wider opportunities.
- Work with the wider commercial team to support sales activity for national targets clients.
- Establish a network with strategic third parties, e.g. Institutes. Promote support and attend local networking activities
- Work with marketing department to ensure activities to support client engagement are coordinated and integrated.
- Support the “One BPP” brand and “Never stand still” principles in all client activity.
- Ensure you are fully up to date with BPP programmes, products and services.
- Provide regular client feedback and competitor insight. Report on trends, developments, challenges and new opportunities.
- Support the launch of new initiatives and products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- A track record of winning new business in a B2B consultative sales environment.
- Presence and stature to establish credibility with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders including those within BPP.
- Motivation together with proven approach to building pipelines and ultimately new business.
- Ability to set strategic direction, and work with small teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience of writing and producing tenders / presentations and contract negotiations.
- Experience in the commercial and public sector with a determined and focused approach to drive new business.
- Familiar with CRM tools and able to monitor and report individual financial performance.
- The successful candidate will be commercially astute, have a logical approach but also a self-motivated, quick thinker and comfortable working alone.
- A self-motivated performance focused individual. Ambitious to succeed and determined to make it happen.
- IT literate - excel, PowerPoint and word experience
- Familiar with using CRM tools – ideally Salesforce
- Full UK driving license and use of own car