Job Family: Finance
Job Series: Finance
Job Code: 4452
Classification Level: H
Stanford University IT seeks a Financial Analyst 2 for immediate hire. In this challenging position, you will support our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts. This role gives you opportunity to work within a collegial team environment. Your keen technical acumen can inspire changes in our internal policies and help us follow financial regulations and affect how we accomplish our short and long-term goals.
Complete work independently and manage a key area within a finance operation, as needed.
- Design and perform ad hoc analyses; build and maintain complex data models, perform sensitivity analysis, analyze large complex data sets, and reconcile complex accounts.
- Construct and assemble data for budgeting, forecasting, and decision-making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas; apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the creation of new processes; maintain broader organizational perspective in decision-making.
- Develop reports and presentations of complex financial data and metrics for management and third parties.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and build complex compliance reports.
- Provide consulting advice all clients; serve as a resource on matters that require specific financial matter expertise.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives; cooperate and adapt to changes and processes; make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Lead, communicate, and supply to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and web content and provide support for course delivery and materials update, as needed.
- Build and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results. Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and see opportunities for operational improvement.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates dedication to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to align with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting Stanford's mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4452
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H