Senior Nurse Lecturer, Programme Leader
Location: London Waterloo
Closing date: 25/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Nursing
You will work closely with the Associate Dean for Quality Assurance and NMC Compliance to realise the strategic vision of the School of Nursing to deliver our BSc ( Hons) Nursing and Pre-registration Nursing Associate portfolio.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contribute to the management of the academic content and pedagogy of programmes.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection of BSc (Hons) Nursing and Pre-registration Nursing Associate students / apprentices.
- Liaise with Programme Support Officers.
- Contribute to the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity in line with BPP’s General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Contribute to the analysis / quality indicators for programme quality/student performance and monitor and act upon them where necessary.
- Attended Examination Boards.
- Attend University wide committees and groups as delegated.
- Attend School of Nursing, Senior Leadership Meeting.
- No management
Teaching & Student Support
- Undertake lecturing appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role.
- Support student through the completion of academic work.
- Support student through practice based learning and assessment.
- Support student who face challenges with progression / completion of their studies.
- Advise and action student referrals to other University Central support services.
- Engage in academic marking.
- Engage in academic moderation.
- Moderate Practice Assessment Documentation.
- Prepare and Support clinical staff as required.
- Support academics completing PGCLT & Annotation for NMC Register.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this role.
For the role requirements, please refer to the full job description