Learning Adviser, Indigenous Students
- Make a real contribution and enhance the learning experience of Indigenous students
- An opportunity to build student activity and engagement
- Network and build relationships with other teams to create a holistic learning environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Fixed Term (until December 2020), Part-Time (17.5 hours per week)
- $38,140 - $41,273 pa (plus superannuation)
You will contribute to the overall University experience for Indigenous students by providing general academic support and developing and delivering online and on-campus programs. You will also collaborate with other key stakeholders to facilitate workshops and Study Sessions and provide high-quality resources to assist with student success.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies, and be able to communicate sensitively and effectively within this environment.
- A sound understanding of the issues related to and demonstrated skills in the development of academic literacy and learning competencies necessary for Indigenous students to succeed in university studies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply for this position.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) has oversight for leading and driving a student-centred culture across the CSU student lifecycle, from awareness through to graduation and alumni. The Portfolio supports the University's objectives to provide sector leading student recruitment and engagement practices, to ensure our students feel well supported on their learning journey whilst developing a lifelong connection to the CSU community.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) is a member of the Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Team. As such, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) also assists the Vice-Chancellor generally in providing positive leadership and management for the University.
The Division of Student Services offers a wide range of services to new and ongoing CSU students, whether they are on campus or online. The division incorporates the following units; Indigenous Success, Participation and Pathways, Student Communications, Student Safety and Wellbeing, Study Skills and UniLife.
The Division has over 250 FTE staff and an annual operating budget of AUD$36 million.
The Division contributes to the student-centred approach, student retention strategies and student satisfaction within the University by working collaboratively with Faculties and Divisions to enhance the students University experience.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Myra Singh | Team Leader, Indigenous Academic Success | email@example.com | Ph: 02 6582 9342
Closing Date: 11 pm, 14 July 2019