Student Services Specialist
Stanford University is seeking a Student Services Specialist to provide administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolve routine issues of limited scope within own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials.
- May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 7500
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83622