Research Project Manager
Deadline 20 Jul 2019
Start date immediately/be agreed
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology - Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) invites applications for the position of Research Project manager.
Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent university institute formed at the Masaryk University as a part of scientific center of excellence CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU represents a key part of the state-of-the-art research infrastructure equipped with cutting-edge facilities and excellent conditions for fundamental as well as applied research, especially in the area of life sciences. Our institute with its modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
For more information, please go to our websites: https://www.ceitec.cz/ceitec-masarykova-univerzita/in1
At the Grant Office, we submit well over 120 proposals to various grant schemes each year, including ca. 30 to foreign agencies. We also run training events, information sessions, and workshops and advise individual researchers on tailored funding strategies. Job at the Grant Office thus entails constant learning, tackling diverse and challenging tasks that require skills ranging from budgeting to creative writing.
Are you ready to take this challenge?
Does it motivate you to independent work and the international environment?
Are great teamwork and work-life balance the important benefits to you?
We will be glad to welcome you in our team.
What will be your daily job?
- management and coordination of project proposal preparation, proposal writing, support with budget preparation
- searching for and active creation of opportunities for project submission, especially international collaborative projects in the area of life sciences
- information service for researchers
- participation in trainings, workshops, and information days about research grants
What you should be like:
- High school/University education
- experience in project management or administration, especially in international environment desirable (but not required)
- experience with research in the field of life sciences desirable (but not required)
- pro-active approach, excellent communication skills, ability to negotiate in multicultural environment, organization skills
- systemic and responsible approach to work, ability to follow and enforce strict deadlines
- advanced level of spoken and written English language
- good knowledge of spoken and written Czech language is needed
- good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What we offer:
- full-time job at an excellent scientific university institute
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, strongly internationalized environment
- independent and responsible work
- great work team
- work-life balance
- plenty of benefits such as 6 weeks of paid holiday, contribution to pension scheme, lunch vouchers, Menza MU university canteen meals
- reduced prices for the Scala cinema tickets
- gym lessons organised at the Faculty of Sports MU near the CEITEC
- reduced prices for tariffs for a mobile operator
- Start date: immediately/be agreed
- We offer full-time, but we are also open to candidates with part-time requirements
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter in English language to email@example.com. Be sure to mention the position title in the subject of your e-mail message.
If you do not receive the invitation for job interview during 4 weeks of submitting your CV, we gave priority to other candidates in the first round of the selection process.
In justified cases, the announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.