The people and programs comprising Stanford Radiology are world-renowned. Stanford Radiology continues to push the boundaries of innovation in physics and engineering to develop cutting-edge methods for enhanced anatomic and functional imaging. Our diverse multidisciplinary teams of scientists, together with industry collaborators, are creating new methods for the early detection of cancer using molecular imaging, nanotechnology, and systems biology. They also continue to develop improved and more targeted methods for least-invasive, and compassionate cancer patient care.
This position will be working in the Office of the Department Chairman where professionalism, confidentiality, and synergy with others are key factors in the successful execution of the role.
Under the direction of the Executive Assistant, the candidate will provide a limited range of administrative duties.
The work is high volume and intensive (e.g.: emails, complex calendaring, coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments); much of the work is highly confidential and requires the use of great discretion.
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- May make travel arrangements as directed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves.
- May provide guidance to temporary and student employees on routine matters.
- Draft routine correspondence on behalf of Chairman.
- Proof/edit Chairman’s curriculum vitae.
- Categorize Chairman’s incoming email.
- Oversee collection of content for promotional brochures.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree, proficient computer skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4101
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 83625