Senior Director, Programs Projects
Stanford School of Medicine, Department of Radiology continues to thrive in an ever-changing and challenging world. We are committed to excellence in patient care and being your partner to a healthy life. We are inventing the future of Medical Diagnostics, Biomedical Imaging, and minimally invasive therapies. Finally, we are training the next generation of physician and scientific leaders to seed the rest of the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Director, Programs Projects to direct the development and implementation of multiple projects. The Director will be responsible for managing, and developing various aspects of current and new projects as well as identifying new initiatives. The candidate will implement and support strategies to enhance collaborations within Stanford Medicine, University-wide, and international partners.
- Lead strategic planning and analysis for complex university programs or functions with significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise. Manage and direct the development, implementation, administration and evaluation of programs or functions. Monitor trends and recommend program or functions direction.
- Act as the subject matter expert for School/unit and/or the university regarding the interpretation, implementation and compliance with policies and regulations. Recommend actions and/or resolve complex issues that span organizational boundaries.
- Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Direct and manage outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications, and compliance.
- Oversee or supervise staff in the development and implementation of programs or functions.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Masters degree in public administration or public health.
- Highly developed strategic thinking and execution skills for the development and management of complex projects. Extensive experience leading strategic planning efforts and developing long-term strategic plans in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide executive level leadership; implementing priorities and values in a changing work environment.
- Excellence in organizational management with an ability to develop and execute a strategic vision, achieve organizational objectives, and coach, manage, and develop high-performing teams.
- Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mind-set; outstanding record of creating successful alliances with internal and external stakeholders that foster collaboration and shared goals to drive action.
- Broad knowledge and expertise in developing and implementing comprehensive strategic communication programs in an academic setting. Specific experience leading branding and positioning efforts. Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand and convey complex information concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Extensive expertise in creating and managing strategic initiatives and programs which build support, increase relevance and magnify the impact of academic research.
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration in a university setting, and effective engagement with colleagues horizontally and vertically throughout the University.
- Strategic, entrepreneurial, and rigorous approach to developing ideas and designing solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and ten years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Experience in or knowledge of business process improvement methodology.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4124
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 83626