Assistant Director, Fan Experience
Position Title: Assistant Director, Fan Experience
Department: Department of Athletics, Physical Education & Recreation
Reports to: Assistant Athletics Director, Fan Experience
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, completed an unpresented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director, Fan Experience. Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, this position will plan and execute the presentation of live sports events and fan cultivation events for select Stanford sports. This position will design events that satisfy the evolving preferences of fans to ensure a successful event experience. This is a full-time, exempt position.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage event presentation, game experience and sponsorship activation for select sports including, but not limited to, writing scripts and timelines, directing game, creating and managing videoboard content, designing elements as needed, managing game day staff, and building out a complete fan experience in-venue.
- Serve as on field coordinator for all home Football games.
- Help manage auxiliary fan experiences for football, basketball and other sports as needed, that include but are not limited to Football Open House, Football Spring Game, and student events.
- Responsible for overseeing Cardinal Kids Club.
- Implement new fan experience opportunities to positively differentiate live games from watching the event on television.
- Work with campus partners to create engaging fan experiences at all DAPER events.
- Other duties as assigned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BRING:
Associate’s degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Communication, Business or other related field is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a self-motivated attitude.
- Creative thinking mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, creativity and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Anticipates and/or responds effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with a track record of cross-departmental collaboration and working well in groups.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford’s Careers webpage.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4882
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83632