Occasional Operations Staff
4 days left
- Full Time
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community. Our department focuses on providing 1st class athletic and recreational facilities and opportunities to our community.
Provide supervision and support of all athletic facilities and programs to contribute to safety of participants and guests as well as protections of facilities and equipment.
Hours include early morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends and will require flexibility to work on short term notice. This is an occasional position.
- Supervise access to facilities. Greet patrons, visually check membership credentials, and ensure appropriate sign-ins and waivers completed. Assist participants with questions, requests and concerns. Assist with parking passes. Ensure a constant presence at the front desk.
- Actively monitor and maintain safe and clean facilities and environment. Walk the facilities, alleviate conflicts. Report needed repairs or attention to Facilities Director. In coordination with other colleagues, maintain an active presence throughout the complex.
- Communicate APER policies and procedures to all participants and guests, as needed.
- Assist in managing recreation membership program by selling memberships, and collecting / processing daily use fees.
- Assist in laundry service program of uniforms. Manage customer towel program.
- Assist in managing locker program
- Assist with reservations of courts
- Issue and control recreational equipment and supplies
- Provide basic first aid supplies and access to ice for minor injuries. Call safety or security as needed for emergency situations
- Maintain appropriate music and television in building
- Event and facility set up for events of all kinds of athletic and recreational programming
- General customer service. Answer questions, answer phone calls. Listen and problem-solve when possible; provide positive environment
- Work collaboratively with operations and department team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least two years of related work experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must have intermediate level experience in professional cash handling
- Must be able to perform light building maintenance and custodial work, as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of facility supplies, gym equipment, tables, ladders, chairs, etc.
- Must possess the following certification or obtain these and maintain them throughout the course of employment:Current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- Related work experience in an athletic field, fitness instruction field, and/or in a recreation sports environment
- Professional cover letter addressing why position is a good fit
- Provide 3 employment/character references