Student Services Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
The Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) is a dual-degree MD-PhD program within Stanford's School of Medicine. The MSTP students (~100) participate in an integrated program of graduate study in biomedical sciences and clinical training offered by the medical school.
The MSTP is seeking a Student Services Officer 1 who will support the Program Manager and faculty directors associated with the program. This position will have primary responsibility for making recommendations and resolving first level decisions on issues regarding graduate student funding, degree progress evaluation, academic and resource advising to current and prospective students, as well as assisting with MD-PhD student admissions and program course coordination. The Student Services Officer will provide advice to students on a wide range of issues to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Oversee, review and administer student records by analyzing data, counseling students and providing recommendations that require interpretation and influence decisions. Make exceptions on issues of eligibility, course enrollment and program requirements.
- Develop recommendations and collaborate with staff, faculty and other offices to resolve programmatic issues within the school and across functional units, (such as strategizing to ensure optimal enrollment).
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities. Participate in related student recruitment and selection.
- Provide first line response to identify students in crisis and refer to appropriate resources, as needed.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources including student feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics. Prepare and summarize reports and make recommendations to enhance offerings, such as programs and courses and to influence current processes and policies.
- Develop, analyze, influence and review, policies, processes and programs by incorporating feedback and trend data learned from first-line interactions with students. Advise manager and team on policy updates and provide recommendation for implementation of changes.
- Identify trends, perform needs analysis, and participate in the implementation and testing of new technology.
- May develop marketing materials and strategies for program activities and outreach functions. Assist in planning and developing webinars, education fairs and other external functions.
- May provide oversight with the administration of financial processes such as financial reimbursements, data entry, reviewing terms and conditions regarding contracts, understanding vendor requirements, and following up and resolving issues.
- May train and supervise other staff, volunteers, student and temporary workers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest and success working with diverse student populations
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Qualtrics, FileMaker.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7501
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83607