Human Resource and Organisational Development Lecturer
4 days left
- Full Time
Location: London Shepherds Bush
Closing date: 25/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology
The start date for this role will be no earlier than September 2019
The BPP School of Business & Technology is recruiting Management Faculty to support the delivery and development of Management programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with a keen sense of the corporate context, who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education. For this role, we are interested in hearing from practitioners with extensive experience in HR and Organisational Development.
The role of the Faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers. Lecturers must have significant professional experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, personal tuition, project supervision and coaching, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform).
Faculty may also be required to support business development, undertake thought leadership activities, and/or learner and client recruitment activities, such as attending client briefings and/or recruitment events.
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and particular job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Complete data driven analysis, reporting of learner and client outcomes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Analyse corporate capabilities in their specialist areas and develop tailored corporate training offerings based on relevant professional experience and expertise.
- Provide professional developmental insight and use coaching models to support in work or academic projects as required.
- Manage cohorts of students to ensure the integrity and operational efficiency of the programmes.
- Undertake thought leadership activities that contribute to the School’s knowledge base and increases its profile among potential students and clients.
- Engage with commercial and business development activities and provide client liaison as required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
For the role requirements please refer to the full job description