Events and Fundraising Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
Responsible for: Event management, Income generation
Salary: £26,243 per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week
St Mary’s Students’ Union is here to represent all St Mary’s students, and to ensure that they have the best possible experience during their time here. We do this in a number of ways:
- We give advice and guidance when students need it, and signpost to other relevant services when this is necessary
- We coordinate over 25 different student societies
- We facilitate over St Mary’s 25 sports clubs and sports teams
- We run welfare campaigns on a wide variety of topics throughout each year to inform and mobilise students
- We run our annual SMSU Elections to ensure that SMSU remains democratic and student-focused at all times.
In order to financially support these functions of our operation, SMSU generates income through it’s annual event portfolio and through creating partnerships with local businesses. We are seeking to recruit an Events and Fundraising Coordinator to add to our team and focus specifically on event operations and income generation.
The Events and Fundraising Coordinator will ensure that SMSU continues to run relevant, enjoyable and profitable events consistently – whether this means continuing with our current events portfolio or re-inventing aspects of it. The role will be the lead in managing all of these events. They will also work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to build partnerships with local businesses, find sponsors for SMSU’s events and to help run SMSU’s Welcome and Refreshers’ Fairs.
Contract and Pay
The role will work the office hours, but will also be expected to work late nights and evenings at all of SMSU’s key events, including weekly Wednesday nights. They will be able to take back time spent working these events in TOIL.
For further information about this role, please click here.
Closing Date: Tuesday 9 July 2019 at 23:59
Interviews are likely to be held on Monday 15 July 2019