Post-doc for Faculty of Horticulture
Post-doc for Faculty of Horticulture at MENDELU
The Dean of the Faculty of Horticulture of Mendel University in Brno (MENDELU) hereby announces a selection procedure for work stay (mobility) of Post-doc from abroad in the Czech Republic in the field of Molecular Biology & Genetics.
Research topics of Post-doc at MENDELU
The applicant will be fully included in Reseacrh topics of Mendeleum – Dept. of Genetics. The department deals with plant pathogens, epidemiology, etiology and advanced detection techniques as well as epigenetics and classical molecular genetics. The applicant will bring an important knowledges regarding the informatics and mainly bioinformatics. Dept. of Mendeleum has facility for high-throughput sequencing and has ability to evaluate small RNA and metagenomic datasets. The applicant has to be able bring the knowledge of transcriptomic datasets based on high-throughput sequencing data, and also de novo genome assembly, R package workflow and evaluation of population genetics. The applicant has to be able to transfer the knowledge of scripting and programming (R, LaTex, perl, bash – vim, sed, gawk, python). Transfer of mentioned skills will significantly increase scientific level of Mendeleum – Dept. of Genetics.
For the above announced mobility, 1 Post-doc will be selected. The Selection Committee decides on the selection of the particular candidate.
Duration of mobility: 6 months
Estimated start of mobility: Q 1, 2019
The amount of work time during the period of mobility: 1,0 FTE (fulltime) on MENDELU with place of work in the Czech Republic – Brno.
Funding of the mobility will be fully covered by the Operation Programme Research, Development and Education project “MENDELU international development”
(reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0007953).
Deadline for submission of applications: 7. 7. 2019
Selection procedure applications must be sent electronically to an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The person selected for participation in the mobility “Work-stay of Post-doc from abroad in the Czech Republic” must meet simultaneously the following:
- Be a post-doc. Post-doc means a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent. The said period may be extended for the maternity and paternity leave period, long-term sickness (more than 90 days), care for a family member (more than 90 days), pre-attestation preparation and military training.
If the selected person has not been awarded the Ph.D. degree, then the degree must correspond to Level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education). If the degree cannot be clearly determined according to Level 8 ISCED, the researcher has an obligation to demonstrate the validation during the mobility (until the end of his/her mobility).
- Be a researcher from abroad. Researcher from abroad shall mean a researcher, who worked at least 2 whole years (as of the aid application submission date) over the course of last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, or was a Ph.D. student (or similar form) abroad. Czech citizens are not excluded. Demonstrate publication activity – in the last 3 years, at least 2 publication outputs. Publication activity shall mean an expert publication registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
For the whole duration of mobility, the Post-doc must have a mentor available, with whom he/she may consult. Mentor is a researcher performing professional supervision and looking after the researcher performing the mobility, helping him/her in his/her professional development and adaptation in the host research organisation.
The applicant for the selection procedure submits the following documents electronically (scanned documents sent be e-mail to above stated e-mail address):
- Diploma (or recognition)
- Professional CV with a reference to publication activity
- Schedule of mobility
- Document(s) proving activities outside the Czech Republic for 2 years over the course of the last 3 years and/or documents regarding Ph.D. studies
- Motivation letter, where the link to MENDELU will be described – previous or current cooperation with the workplace at MENDELU where the researcher will work. The benefits of such cooperation will be considered.
- Short description of planned research activities on which the Researcher will work during the mobility including description of connections to research conducted before the mobility.
- Mentor – name and department (mentor should be from the same department where the post-doc will work)