Head of Customer Experience and Service Improvement
- Opportunity to service delivery excellence across the Student Administration Services portfolio
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full time continuing position with attractive salary package on offer
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint the Head of Customer Experience and Service Improvement to drive pro-active and positive enrichments to the culture and goals of the portfolio and the University. We’re looking for someone to act as a change champion, responsible for liaising with senior decision makers to effectively influence decisions impacting on student experience and service efficiency and effectiveness. This position will play a critical role in business transformation, leading the focus on excellence by ensuring strong evidence and insights are presented to the right people at the right time.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Head of Customer Experience and Service Improvement who possesses:
- accreditation in a recognised process review and improvement methodology such as Lean, Six Sigma (or demonstrated ability through equivalent workplace experience and achievements)
- organisational and strategic planning skills including the ability to plan and lead change, prioritise and meet deadlines and to allocate resources effectively and efficiently to ensure operational and service delivery goals are met in high volume and complex environments
- ability to create and lead a continuous improvement culture
- highly developed project management and process improvement skills
- ability to lead, motivate and develop high performing teams
The Customer Experience and Service Improvement team works with the other PSU’s (such as Finance, Human Resources) and the SAS Portfolio’s Heads and Area Managers to:
- identify and prioritise areas for improvement;
- develop, implement and continuously improve the portfolio’s approach to student administration and service delivery related strategy, operations and processes;
- ensure services, processes and communication approaches enhance the student experience; and
- ensure services, communication and processes are effective, efficient and compliant and are aligned to support the achievement of the University’s strategic goals.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1011/0519C to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, Sunday 30 June 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.