Department: IT Services
Salary: £46,489 - £51,899 per annum (Grade 6)
Location: Mile End
Closing date: 03-Jul-2019
Queen Mary University of London (Queen Mary) is one of the UK’s foremost research-intensive higher education institutions and is ranked fifth for world-leading and internationally excellent research (REF 2014). We have a distinctive and diverse student profile, world leading research across the full spectrum of disciplines, and an international reputation for the quality of our public and community engagement activities.
We are a Russell Group university, operating across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resilient Business Analyst to join IT Services to primarily undertake business analysis for a range of projects in collaboration with stakeholders within IT Services and the wider QMUL community
IT Services provides a variety of services to the University such as project management, infrastructure, application/development, support, research and relationship/account management for staff and students. The University recognises that investment in IT is needed to match staff and students expectations and remain competitive in the Higher Education sector.
The IT Project Team, within IT Services, provides in-house project management support. The team is based at Mile End but works across all University campuses.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Substantial experience and a proven track record of Business Analysis involving complex IT and business change projects from conception to delivery and using a wide range of techniques
- Experience of translating IT scenarios into non-IT language
- Excellent at producing well-written documents / project artefacts
- Must be a self-starter, well organised, and able to work independently
- Have excellent communication skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Prince 2, AgilePM and ITIL qualifications or equivalent
- Project management and/or Business Analysis experience in the higher education sector or similar environment (desirable)
The post is full time and permanent. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, access to a pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Agnieszka Jankowska email@example.com
For further details and to make an application please visit www.jobs.qmul.ac.uk and search for QMUL18887.
The closing date for applications is 3 July 2019
Interviews are expected to take place shortly afterwards.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality