Research Assistant, School of Women’s and Children’s Health
School of Women’s and Children’s Health
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location in Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. The School of Women’s & Children’s Health (SWCH) is comprised of the clinical disciplines of Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics, and the National Perinatal Epidemiology Statistics Unit (NPESU). The Behavioural Sciences Unit (BSU) within the school conducts research studies that cover all psycho-social, behavioural and nutritional aspects of paediatric cancer. The BSU is based at, and supported by, the Kids Cancer Centre, Sydney Children’s Hospital. Our team is multidisciplinary, with representation from psychology, dietetics, paediatric oncology/haematology, social work, nursing, bereavement counselling, behavioural sciences, and exercise physiology.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to work at the BSU and provide administrative and research assistance to research studies investigating psychological and behavioural outcomes in childhood cancer survivors and will contribute to other administrative tasks within the behavioural sciences research team.
About the role
- $72K – $82K plus 9.5% superannuation
- Fixed term for 12 months with potential extension
- Full-time(35 hours/week)
As a Research Assistant you will perform research literature searches and assist with the preparation of manuscripts; assist with the preparation of ethics applications and grant applications; coordinate study recruitments and conduct interviews with cancer survivors and their families as well as code the recorded interviews; you will also be doing general administrative duties including attending meetings and training sessions.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in health, psychology or a related discipline. Experience providing research assistance for studies in a health-related field such as genetics services highly regarded.
- Experience in the area of psycho-oncology, and/or psychosocial implications of medical procedures or tests.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an aptitude to show understanding of the psychosocial issues faced by families affected by cancer
- Knowledge of and aptitude to learn various IT software, such as research-related computer programs (such as SPSS and Endnote)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and organise complex filing systems
Please submit your CV, cover Letter and responses to selection criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Contact: Jennifer Clough
Applications close: 3rd July 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Psychology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney