- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- UNSW Paddington Campus
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The iCinema Centre's main focus lies in application development based on the Advanced Visualisation and Interaction Environment (AVIE). The AVIE is a state-of-the-art virtual reality theatre, composed of a 10- meter wide, 4-meter high cylindrical screen, 6 3D projectors, a 24-channel surround sound system, a multicamera motion tracking system and a cluster of high-end PCs. Designed to immerse groups of people in 360-degree stereoscopic real-time imagery and audio, the AVIE allows for the development and study of applications in the fields of immersive visualisation, virtual and augmented reality, interactive cinema and human interaction design (see www.icinema.unsw.edu.au).
About the role
- $85K to $91K per annum plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 3 year- Fixed Term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Software Engineer will develop and maintain iCinema software and hardware based applications, systems and frameworks across research and commercial installations, with guidance from the supervisor and other iCinema staff.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Computer Science with subsequent relevant experience, or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven experience related to object-oriented software design
- Experience related to theoretical and practical knowledge of real-time 3D graphics rendering and implementation.
- Experience in Concurrency/Synchronization (multi-threading / multi-computer clustering)
- Maintain infrastructure control and maintenance applications using Python, Windows batch scripting, and Unix shell scripting.
- Demonstrated competency in one or more programming languages
- A high level of competency in Unity3D and C#.
- Experience designing and implementing Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Experience in project management
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Lead Software Developer
T: (61 2) 9385 8523
Application closes Sunday 30th June 11pm (AEST)
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.artdesign.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.