Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, completed an unpresented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreations is currently accepting applications for a Graphics Designer. Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Marketing, this position will support all Stanford Athletics effort to build brand affinity for Stanford Athletics’ programs, generate revenue, and increase attendance. This position will focus on the creation of social motion and still graphics to tell stories, in addition to supporting other digital and printed materials for all 36 varsity sports. Successful execution of this role will enhance and protect the Stanford Athletics brand and result in additional support and affinity for Stanford Athletics. This is a full-time, exempt position.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Produce still and motion graphics for digital platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to tell stories and highlight successes of Stanford Athletics.
- Create graphics and images for use on GoStanford.com and other owned-digital platforms.
- Support in the creation of designs for a variety of mediums, including posters, flyers, postcards, and email etc., within the established look-and-feel.
- Work closely with the digital, video and communications teams and other departments on design assignments, from initial concept to completion.
- Collaborate with other groups within the department to maintain a consistent look-and-feel.
- Provide design support to all groups within the Athletics department.
- Maintain quality control of content, and support design strategy and execution.
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Three years of relevant work experience with demonstrated understanding of design principles.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign, and Illustrator required.
- Ability to produce high volumes of graphics, while maintaining a strong quality of work.
- Comfortability with tight deadlines and the ability to answer to multiple constituents and prioritize projects, including working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take and incorporate feedback to improve designs and adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative on new projects is preferred.
- Anticipates and/or responds effectively to changing trends and circumstances, welcomes fresh perspectives, and learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player who can effectively work with others and is willing to help out when needed.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford’s Careers webpage.
Job Code: 4242
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83559