OnCore Data Analyst
Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 2 to manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, independently with minimal supervision. This position will focus on support of oncological clinical research, production system and ongoing maintenance, while maintaining close collaborations internal and external stake holders. The OnCore Data Analyst 2 will be part of a team responsible for the collection and quality assurance of NCI required data, provide ongoing support to users throughout the Cancer Institute and School of Medicine, He/She will generate date tables using SQL queries for data extraction and utilizing JasperSoft and Tableu for presentations publications and posters. In addition, the Data Analyst and will prepare customized reports about Stanford oncological clinical trials and their accrual for the NCI, Cancer Center Administration, and Principal Investigators.
- Prioritize and extract data from a variety of sources such as notes, survey results, medical reports, and laboratory data, and maintain its accuracy and completeness.
- Determine additional data collection and reporting requirements. Working knowledge of clinical trial design, NCI’s Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG), IRB requirements and good clinical practice is desirable.
- Design and customize reports and dashboards based upon data in the database. Experience with computer relational database(s) and with common database applications and SQL development tools (such as SQL Developer); experience with report writing tools (such as iReport, JasperReports and Tableau) is desirable.Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, identify gaps and eliminate root cause for data problems or justify solutions to be implemented by others.
- Reviews technical requirements used by software developers to integrate OnCore with other systems. Leads or collaborates in developing and launching interfaces between OnCore and various applications.
- Test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Strong technical background in SQL, data modeling and data preparation.
- Experience working in Tableau Desktop.
- Capability in designing reports in Jaspersoft.
- Proficiency with NCI’s Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG).
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4752
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83560