Human Resources Administrator
The School of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is the center of a world-class liberal arts education at Stanford University. H&S is comprised of 23 academic departments, 23 interdisciplinary academic programs and dozens of centers and institutes, with a staff of nearly 800. Academic programs in the school are diverse in terms of their disciplinary focus, ranging from the performing arts to economics to chemistry.
The H&S Human Resources Department is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to join the HR Service Center. The Service Center was created to centralize the processing of HR transactions through a central team that supports the departments and programs in the school. Under the direction of the H&S Human Resources Department, this position will provide administrative support and work as a part of a team of three. This position provides first point of contact for all human resources inquiries, and serves as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
Primary responsibilities include human resources data inputting into PeopleSoft including faculty, academic staff, non-academic staff, bargaining unit, student and temporary employees. Additional key responsibilities include initiating and monitoring background checks, employment verification (I-9), posting job postings and vacancy announcements, personnel file management, and applicant tracking system requisition close-out. This position also provides administrative support to the H&S HR Department, including purchasing, reimbursements and event planning.
Your responsibilities include*:
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- May support the process (transactions and documentation) for academic and staff appointments/reappointments and student/post-doctoral appointments.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. May perform time and leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
Prior experience with Stanford systems such as PeopleSoft, BI and Stanford financial systems.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your interest in the position and provide examples of excellent customer service, attention to detail, and/or time management skills.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Job Code: 4701
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83565