Recruitment and Selection Consultant
Under the direction of the Manager, the R&S Consultant will work as part of a team of professionals, delivering Recruitment and Selection Consultancy to the institutions employees as well as resourcing services to a designated client group/portfolio across both ZU campuses.
A key emphasis of the position is to source, select and hire high caliber and qualified UAE Nationals to the ZU workforce. The emphasis as well is to review and enhance the current recruitment process, services and programs, introduce market best practices for interviewing and selection of high caliber candidates, and introducing new initiatives such as psychometric testing/ assessment, Competency based interviewing and hiring.
Recruitment & Selection
- Works on large scale recruitment initiatives and activities to ensure timely design and delivery of high volume, expedient recruitment activities for high profile outcomes.
- Works effectively with client portfolio to ensure the timely recruitment and selection of high-quality faculty and staff, with special emphasis on sourcing and recruitment of high caliber UAE Nationals.
- Works closely with the client management team to proactively identify staffing needs and recruitment priorities.
- Advises and consults to determine effective recruitment advertising strategies.
- Develops ads and ad copy for internal postings, websites, and other sources.
- Demonstrates proactive candidate management skills: sources suitable and high potential candidates for consideration by client departments;proactively manages prospective applicants to meet future and anticipated needs; effectively engages candidates through-out the selection and hiring process with timely and factual communication.
- Works closely with Oracle I recruit application system ensuring effective processes and use by client groups and others. Trains and educates clients on the I recruit tool and contributes to ongoing system enhancements and improvements.
- Works with clients, reviews and assesses applications, applying knowledge of the university and client requirements.
- Develops timely shortlists of potential candidates and facilitates interview scheduling arrangements and attends staff interviews ensuring effective R&S practices are used, influencing and educating clients groups as needed.
- Ensures that all required documents for hiring Faculty & Staff the are completed including the reference checks, FG Approval and Sr. management’s Approval prior to the employment offer.
- Liaises with the hiring department regarding the status of any candidate from point of application to the signed contract stage.
- Post job adverts for Faculty and Staff positions and Processes and maintains payments for job advertisements tracking costs to ensure efficiency.
- Scheduling and attending interviews for staff positions for the respective client portfolios.
- Ensures cost effective delivery of services; discusses appropriate rates and package arrangements with ad agencies; maintains contracts; tracks costs and financial payments. Maintains all aspects of recruiting temporary administrative employees working with internal clients for Departments and College to define and meet their requirements within tight timelines – advertising, screening, selection, assessment. Ensures on-going improvement and implementation of best practice recruitment strategies appropriate for ZU’s environment Ensure Recruitment related reports are updated and submitted to senior management when needed.
- Coaches clients to promote an understanding of the recruitment process and UAE National hiring market.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employment sources in local/regional markets to find the most suitable National candidates.
- Ensure effective interviewing and selection strategies are used to recruit exceptional candidates.
- Develops and maintains expertise in UAE national job market through relationships and affiliations with national organizations, agencies, and by developing and/or participating in career fairs and accessing national personnel data banks.
Recruitment Program Design Lead and Business Advisor
- •Leads the creation, design, development and implementation of complex strategic Recruitment initiatives.
- Customizes solutions and ools and implements these new and ongoing Recruitment initiatives ensuring their timely and effective delivery.
- Consults with senior management to develop new programs and initiatives to support high volume recruitment activities while providing subject matter expertise as well as influencing best practices.
Pre-Hiring, Orientation and On-boarding
- Maintain the successful orientation programs for new faculty and continue to make ongoing improvements.
- Organizes the senior management lunch, liaising with senior management, Campus Services, new hires and other internal clients.
- Maintains the relationship with new faculty hires from time of offer to arrival in the UAE and orientation at the University.
- Ensures all on-boarding protocols runs efficiently and smoothly across each functional area
- Oversees the logistics of the hiring of international faculty and staff and their families, including visas, flights, hotels, schedules and orientation activities. Works with hiring managers (Deans/Directors) and representatives of other departments, colleges and campuses, designs and coordinates the planning and logistics of employee orientation programs for both local and international hires.
- Organizes all related events such as Welcome Lunch and other Orientation activities.
- Continually contributes to the design and updating of orientation information and materials
New Hires Announcements
- Send welcome announcement templates to all new hires (Staff & Faculty), on monthly basis
- Collate all the templates received and send to the VP’s Office on monthly basis
- Ensure that all vacancies are filled by qualified UAE Nationals, unless an approval has been obtained for hiring a non-national.
- Submit the Emiratization KPI % semiannually as and when requested.
Coaching and Mentoring
- •Coaches and mentors junior HR staff contributing to their professional development and growth in the field of HR.
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Human Resource Management, combined with 4 years related experience at a professional level (officer or consultant) level or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Experience and expertise in recruitment & selection is required ideally targeting UAE Nationals and Emiratization programs.
Bilingual (Arab/English) is required.
Thorough knowledge of the UAE and its culture.
Other essential requirements:
Familiarity with HRMS (specifically Oracle)
Ability to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
Desired or preferred requirements:
Professional Certification in Human Resources
Experience working in a Higher Education Academic Environment
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.