Senior Administrative Officer
The Office of the Chief Administrative and Finance Officer seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Administrative Officer to report to Chief Administrative and Finance Officer (CAFO). The incumbent provides senior level administrative, logistical, and organizational support to the office of the CAFO and ensures the effective organization, coordination and facilitation of work process, protocols and activities in the CAFO Office.
- Schedule and attends meetings such as weekly Direct Repots, Operations Committee and ad-hoc meetings and any other meetings as required by the CAFO. Suggests agenda items, prepares minutes, follow up on action items, Coordinates documentation and logistical information as required.
- Coordinates approvals related to minutes and prepares communication on decisions to all stakeholders Maintains CAFO’s schedule by maintaining his calendar, arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and coordinate travel arrangement if required.
- Draft/Prepare correspondences to different external and government entities/other Universities.
- Coordinates office management activities and Maintain office procedures.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems for all unites under the CAFO’s supervision.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system and confidential records and files.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Coordinates and communicates general administrative matters providing operational information either verbally or in writing with external and internal communities on behalf of the CAFO. Brings to the attention of the CAFO those issues that need immediate and urgent attention including:
- Handles all communication that is directed to the office on general administrative matters.
- Provides administrative functions such as arranging meetings, travel arrangements, filing, local expense claim forms, foreign expense claim forms, etc.
- Coordinates, prepares and follows up on documentation that may be required for meetings.
- Manages the flow and storage of information, including maintenance of filing and diary systems. Identifies and manages conflicting priorities in scheduling and appointments.
- Prepares all communication sent out of the office ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Coordinates and liaises with other educational institutions mainly the three federal institutions on schedules.
- Prepares and/ or follows up on documentation to be sent to Ministries, etc.
- Scan emails of the supervisors to bring to the attention of the Chief any issues that need immediate attention.
- Receives and verifies all documents for accuracy that come to the office for approval.
- Reviews policies and procedures of all areas reporting to CAFO upon his request and provide feedback. Liaise with departments to finalize these policies and procedures.
- Conducts research, gathers and compiles data/ information and prepares reports.
- Anticipates discussion items at meetings e.g.: Provides information and prepares reports to CAFO for meetings.
- Provide feedback and recommendations with documentation where requested to authenticate areas of concern and recommendations.
- Works closely with each of the Operational area reporting to the CAFO such as Human Resources, Campus Physical Development and Services, Contracts & Procurement, Financial Resources and IT Department.
- Liaise with Vice President Office and President Office.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Tracks planned leave dates of direct reports.
- Monitor/track the budget report of the CAFO’s Office on a monthly basis.
- liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts; ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment;
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunication Assists with management of special projects as assigned
- Communicates with direct reports Performance Evaluations as well as 360 feedback and summarizes information
- Should possess a minimum of 5 years administrative experience and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Sound judgment and tact in dealing with internal and external constituents and internal leaders and stake holders.
- Self-directed and accountable, able to work independently, with limited guidance from the supervisor. Must function effectively as a team member demonstrating flexibility. Able to multi-task prioritizing needs based on urgency.
- Often deals with issues of confidential and sensitive nature within the context of boarder ZU organizational goals and initiatives.
- Due to the sensitivity of materials entering the office of the CAFO must be discreet and must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Must be alert to potential problem areas and capable of determining which concerns need priority attention.
- Works effectively with all levels of management, Directors, and staff including senior leaders. Builds professional relationships with internal and external members of the community.
- Facilitates action and decision making, ensuring high quality outcomes.
- Experience working in the academic environment.
- Has thorough knowledge of standard practices, procedures, software and technologies related to the current position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, and in a professional manner, either orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Should be organized, innovative, efficient, and creative. The incumbent must be able to work under the least supervision.
- General understanding of the functioning of the university, policies and procedures is desired.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.