- Full Time
The College of Education seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative and logistical support for the Dean. Actively supports in coordinating a variety of administrative and operational activities and works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment and performs the following duties.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas and memos for the Dean to include, includes handling of confidential information.
- Supports the Dean with budget planning and management, submissions and prepares the Dean's expense reports.
- Supports with the development and preparation of College of Education publications such as reports, brochures and invitations.
- Supports the College Administrative Officer with monitoring internal control processes and financial analysis, account management/reconciliation.
- Provides administrative support for the Dean including the arrangement of day to day schedule, travel arrangements, mail handling, supplies control and necessary communications internally and externally.
- Organizes and schedules meetings, events and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for supervisor.
- Coordinates work with other Colleges, school districts and other organizations.
- Effectively communicates with executives and management within the University, State agencies and various school districts.
- Provides exam support, including assisting with scheduling and liaising with support departments, and preparing, distributing and collecting exam packs.
- Provides administrative leadership for local and international accreditation projects, including the formatting and storage of documentation, the preparation of materials for review, and arranging site visits.
- Performs special projects and assignments as requested by the Dean.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Administrative work or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English, and preferable in Arabic
- Highly computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with graphic design software would be advantageous.
- Prepares payment requisitions and reimbursements for professional development, Internships and External reviewers
- Ability to learn and manage ZU web management software.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Outlook)
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.