Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B) from $103,914 to $122,947 p.a. OR Senior Lecturer (Level C) from $126,879 to $145,912 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are looking for passionate academics with excellent track records in teaching and research who can play key roles in the development of the Civil Engineering discipline. The successful applicant will be expected to develop, teach and convene units at a postgraduate and undergraduate level, while supervising Higher Degree Research students and conducting and collaborating on research projects within the specialist areas of Civil Engineering.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths for future potential across other research and teaching streams of the School and contribute to the administration, outreach and promotion of the School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering and the University.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and is a diverse community of academics blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery, exploration and impact. We are talented and knowledgeable engineers and form teams of innovators and creators with a passion for teaching and a strong desire to make an impact in research. The School currently has approximately 40 academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach to their application a separate document responding to the selection criteria below. Please ensure you clearly state which level you wish to apply for.
- PhD in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated commitment to and success in delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated teaching experience within the specialist areas of Civil Engineering
- An understanding of scholarly teaching with alternative / flexible learning modes
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community
- Ability to successfully attract and supervise research students
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- An established network of industry contacts within Civil Engineering
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Darren Bagnall, Dean, School of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 9071.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 14th July 2019 at 11:55 pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.