Stanford Research Park Program Administrator
Stanford Research Park (SRP) provides valuable programs to our 140 tenant companies and their 29,000 employees. The cornerstone of this effort is our commuter transportation program, SRPGO, which enables tenant companies to offer attractive commute options to their employees. The SRPGO program also clearly demonstrates that SRP is committed to addressing community concerns about traffic congestion and the environment.
The success of the SRPGO program has prompted SRP to pursue additional opportunities to provide value to our tenant companies and their employees. These include dining, recreation and social amenities, as well as unique learning opportunities. These programs will increase the value of SRP by attracting and retaining quality tenants, minimizing vacancies, maximizing rents, and distinguishing SRP from competing commercial real estate options in nearby communities. In addition, SRP programs will be expanded to build connections among SRP companies, Stanford University, and neighboring communities to the mutual benefit of these entities.
SRP is recruiting for the role of Stanford Research Park Programs Administrator to support existing programs and assist with the development and implementation of new programs. Reporting to the Stanford Research Park Programs Director, the Programs Administrator will coordinate and promote SRP programs, ensure the delivery of high quality events and activities, and provide excellent customer service
The successful candidate will have outstanding planning, organization and communication skills and be capable of supporting current and new SRP programs with creativity, initiative, and enthusiasm. This position requires regular interaction with representatives from tenant companies, individual employees, and service providers.
In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently. Prior experience in program delivery, marketing, and event planning are preferred.
- Recommend and execute strategies to meet program objectives.
- Coordinate programs, including collaboration with stakeholders.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events.
- Recommend vendors for services, serve as liaison with internal and external vendors, and coordinate logistics.
- Analyze program participation and customer feedback to recommend new approaches and improvements.
- Develop policies and procedures.
- Draft meeting minutes and initiate meeting follow-up tasks in an effort to maintain work flow.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s), coordinate appointments, meetings and conference calls.
Outreach and Customer Service
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Stanford Research Park programs.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, including providing prompt responses and problem resolution.
- Organize and staff meetings, workshops, and events to support objectives.
- Maintain contact at each company and engage these contacts on a regular basis.
- Provide prospective and new tenant companies with SRP program information prior to site occupancy.
Marketing and Communications
- Draft program communications.
- Oversee design, production and distribution of presentations, handouts, brochures and displays.
- Update SRP website with fresh content on a regular basis to support marketing efforts, provide valuable information, and build awareness.
- Photograph events for use on website.
- Identify qualified vendors to support new SRPGO programs.
- Coordinate vendors on specific projects and track vendor progress.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize own work, multi-task and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to think critically and perform due diligence when problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Previous experience in managing logistics and event planning.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Certifications and Licenses: None Required
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May occasionally work evenings or weekends.
- Infrequent travel.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Family: Administration
Job Code: 4121
Location: Stanford Redwood City Campus and Stanford Research Park Palo Alto
Please note: Salary ranges are not listed on Stanford’s job posting site. Years of experience, internal equity, and external market data are considered when determining starting salary.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 83514