Assistant Math Lecturer
The FSRI Assistant Math Lecturer will assist in the implementation of the four-week FSRI math course. The lecturer will work closely with the Associate Director, Math Lecturer/Workshop Leader, and other program staff to ensure course materials and content meet the standards of the math department and support the intent of the program.
- Assist in a four-week math course covering topics from Caltech math core courses, primarily during student problem sessions (group workshops).
- Deliver lectures when not covered by Math Lecturer.
- Use provided course materials including student lecture notes, problem sets, and workshop problems.
- Report any issues to Program Coordinator.
- Collaborate with Math Lecturer to ensure students' understanding of the subject matter.
- Monitor students' academic progress and communicate concerns to the Associate Director.
- Hold office hours and/or assign a math team member to cover office hours.
- Provide feedback at the end of the program including comments on each students' performance, strengths and weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in an education and/or teaching environment.
- Proven expertise in developing and delivering course content materials and lectures to students.
- Demonstrated experience with interactive pedagogical practices including flipped classrooms, inquiry-driven courses, and group work.
- Demonstrated experience with under-represented students in STEM fields.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Master’s degree in mathematics