Team Leader, International Marketing and Recruitment
Team Leader, International Marketing and Recruitment is responsible for the successful recruitment of international students to James Cook University’s (JCU) pathway and degree programs by developing and implementing effective marketing strategies that are JCU brand-aligned and delivering effective initiatives. Under the direction of the Head, International Recruitment, the incumbent will lead and support various external engagement activities and work across the International Directorate to build and develop relationships with various stakeholders including our alumni, student employers, undergraduate feeder schools and professional associations.
The Chancellery consists of the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and President, Chair of Academic Board, Office of the Chief of Staff, Marketing, International and Advancement Directorates, and State of the Tropics project. The Chancellery provides a centralised point for the facilitation, coordination and oversight of all corporate governance; marketing activities; international compliance and student support; alumni and fundraising; government relations; and external engagement both domestically and internationally.
The Chancellery provides support to the Vice Chancellor and the Executive Group on governance and management issues and in particular supports the Vice Chancellor to discharge her duties. The Vice Chancellor and President of the University is the equivalent of the Chief Executive Officer of a substantial company. The Vice Chancellor is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the University and plays a prominent role in outward facing activities of the organisation, including national, international and community engagement.
This is a set clause that will be added at time of PD Evaluation. The International Directorate is responsible for international student recruitment and student mobility, both inbound and outbound. The Directorate will provide a diverse range of activities that support the recruitment and mobility functions, including agent relationships, study tours, international compliance and international student support.
James Cook University
- Develop, plan and coordinate marketing and recruitment activities, including annual plans for lead generation, lead nurture and lead conversions to increase the number of full fee paying international students within the University and JCU College under the direction of the Head, International Recruitment and in consultation with Manager, International Relations.
- Identify key areas for international recruitment related activities and be the first point of contact for all internal and external international marketing and communications activities to consistently develop and improve targeted campaigns using a wide range of approaches, including the use of social media and the web as marketing tools.
- Work closely with the JCU Colleges and JCU Marketing Directorate by developing and maintaining effective working relationships to ensure that all International marketing and communications are current and aligned with the wider University-led marketing and communications.
- Collate reviews, marketing data and develop reports for the Head, International Recruitment to continuously improve the quality of service provision and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends in international student recruitment and marketing.
- Provide effective leadership and mentoring for the Digital Assistant by developing the dayto-day procedures and training on best practice methods to support the Digital Assistant in being able to provide operational support.
- Manage the international marketing and communications budget under the direction of the Head, International Recruitment utilising the JCU procurement methods to ensure costeffective methods.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff. Your specific level descriptor can be found within the Enterprise Agreement.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Team Leader, International Marketing and Recruitment is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Team Leader, International Marketing and Recruitment is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations.
- The Team Leader, International Marketing and Recruitment is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent is available to work outside of ordinary hours of work.
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent is available for domestic and international travel when necessary.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Completion of a relevant degree level qualification with at least 4 years’ relevant work related experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in international student recruitment and/or international markets and diverse cultures and/or a track record of relevant services sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of targeted communication or engagement plans to drive recruitment.
- Expertise in the use of digital capabilities to engage with direct and indirect sales channels.
- High level written communication skills for the development of web page content and other promotional materials as well as interpersonal skills to correspond effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strengths in deploying market research and intelligence to drive project Return on Investments (ROI's).
- Experience in the international higher education sector.
- Familiarity with the Education Services for Overseas Student (ESOS) Act and basic student visa requirements.