Talent and Leadership Partner
Closing date: 27/06/2019
Salary: £44,000 - £57,000 (dependent on experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Human Resources
Role Location: Home based or London or Manchester
Contract: Full or part-time and permanent
Proposed start date: 1 September 2019
This person will act as a Talent and Learning subject matter expert supporting internal BPP leaders and also consulting with external BPP clients when required. BPP needs a renewed focus on Talent and Succession with targeted Leadership interventions at all levels to increase capability. This post is part of a small team so high energy, drive and personal gravitas is essential to ensure the team makes an impact and can leverage other expertise across the BPP group.
This person will work very closely with the Head of People Transformation and Capability, the Head of HR, the HR Business Partners and the Head of HR Operations and Recruitment to ensure that talent and leadership interventions are embedded on the employee lifecycle and the cultural DNA of BPP.
A key responsibility will be to create targeted talent pools to create seamless talent pipelines for internal progression opportunities. The focus of this role is on the identification of capability gaps, the curation and deployment of excellent learning interventions, coaching and development of BPP identified talent and enabling our HR business partners to effectively support their business areas with excellent MI and solutions.
Through people transformation activity this person will contribute to redefining the BPP L&D offering and operating model working closely with the University, Professional Development, Business Schools and Digital teams to ensure that our internal employees receive a high standard of development that rivals the services we give our clients and capitalises on resources and budget available.
To enable BPP to meet its stretching growth strategy we need to create a high performing culture and workforce. Current HR and L&D processes are in need of review and improvement to ensure that our people can be the best they can be and have a high quality employee experience. Improving management capability is a major challenge to enable HR to be a more strategic function within BPP and improve employee engagement. In a fast changing digital environment BPP needs to increase internal bench strength to increase client satisfaction and enable growth and agility. Focussing effort on creating a sustainable and future-proofed people strategy will be a key enabler for BPP over the next 2-3 years.
- To demonstrate measurable improvements to management and leadership capability at BPP through individual and group learning programmes
- To support the development of a senior talent pool and ensure development plans are in place for identified talent and exec successors
- To coach and develop leaders and managers to meet succession requirements
- To revise and implement a new approach to Talent Management and ensure it is embedded in BAU
- To provide talent management and leadership expertise and consultancy to the BPP senior leadership team.
- To manage transformational change activity ensuring a people centric approach to change
- To work closely with the HR Business Partners to ensure they have the tools and skills to support their business areas and that training needs are met across the group
- To create a curated and targeted digital learning offering and environment for internal employees.
- To work closely with BPP Organisation Capability team to support capability consultancy, working with external clients where required and tapping into thought leadership and research
- To deliver leading edge internal and external training as and when required working across BPP and our client base if required
- To manage internal L&D projects to time and budget
There is an opportunity within this role to make measurable improvements to the whole employee lifecycle and engagement levels at BPP. Ideally this role will enable the creation of leading edge solutions that can be used both internally and externally. Exposure to a wide network of external clients is a development opportunity that will enable the role holder to develop a strategic external network of contacts across a range of sectors.
- Experience of creating talent management processes.
- Experience of developing leaders through individual career coaching and group methods such as action learning sets.
- Experience of leadership and management development including the use of a wide range of psychometric tools.
- Experience of developing competency frameworks and identifying skills gaps and training needs analysis.
- Proven partnering skills to inspire and motivate others as well as making and implementing tough decisions when required.
- Proven commercial acumen to support budget and supplier management.
- Current knowledge and understanding of leading edge people development thinking.
- Ideally a broad range of experience in HR/L&D and across a range of sectors
- Excellent change management skills and ability to sponsor and lead teams to successfully implement and embed change.
- Ability to support and coach senior leaders through change using a range of development tools.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the employee lifecycle and ability to coach and support other HR leads to develop aspects of the service.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written and able to work at any level.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Talent and L&D to ensure that the art of the possible is considered and understood by key stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of managing significant and complex budgets.
- Solid understanding of diversity and inclusion.
You will ideally have a minimum of MCIPD or equivalent and a relevant coaching qualification.