Technology Enhanced Learning Officer
Since becoming King’s College London’s 9th and newest faculty, King’s Business School has seen significant growth in student and staff numbers. By 2023, it is projected that 3000 students will be enrolled at the School. As a result, the traditional teaching landscape is evolving with students learning in more diverse ways. Therefore, the embedding of digital technologies and teaching practice is essential in order to teach both to scale and through different media and platforms.
The School is therefore expanding its Technology Enhanced Learning support to include a second TEL Officer who will support the TEL Manager to deliver the School and university’s digital education objectives, principally to equip staff and students to make the best use of digital teaching tools and learning resources, and to support the delivery of an accessible and inclusive education.
As TEL Officer you will:
- Support the development and enhancement of the College Moodle KEATS, to improve VLE experience for Business School students and staff;
- Work in collaboration with Central IT and TEL teams to support a variety of e-learning projects which support blended learning;
- Stay up to date with e-learning best practice, software and systems;
- Provide training, guidance documents and ad-hoc support for colleagues;
- Monitor the School’s Echo360 lecture capture process, auditing recordings to troubleshoot issues and resolve swiftly.
- To support academic staff with the transition to digital reading lists.
You will be highly organised, motivated, and will be capable of working in a team but at times independently without supervision. You will have experience of Moodle or similar virtual learning environments, be adept with technology and a quick learner. You will have an interest in developing the digital literacy of others. You will have an approachable manner and be confident and effective in demonstrating the use of technology.