Post Doctoral Fellow, Physics
Organization Name Physics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
- Bandgap calculation and modeling for indirect bandgap semiconductors
- Modeling stress modulations of bandgap at interfaces
- Relating random stresses, bandgap and radiative recombination of carriers.
- Good communications skills and good writing skills, preferable good record of publications.
The postdoctoral fellow will be working with project focused on enhancement of light emission from Silicon via interfacing it with ceramics. He/she will be responsible for relating the engineered interfacial stresses and strains to any changes in the bandgap and the enhanced radiative recombination rates and must be good in modeling using ab-initio / DFT calculations. Desired experience in amorphous-on-crystalline layers.
Ph.D. in solid-state Physics or Related fields.
We are looking for a Post-doctoral fellow with a strong background in computational Physics/Chemistry and expertise in ab initio/DFT calculations of electronic structure. Particularly, amorphous material expertise is recommended.
How To Apply
- Research Interest Statement
- 3 Professional References
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).