Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemistry
Organization Name Chemistry
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor.
These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Provide adequate research support geared toward on-time, quality deliverable.
- Function autonomously, ethically and responsibly.
- Collaborate and work in a collegial manner with the research team members.
- Develop learning initiatives, and engage in appropriate technical training and professional development opportunities as required by the project leader and the University.
- Support the research group in the design and advancement of the research program.
- Carry out a specified research program under the directions of the project supervisor.
- Engage in the wider activities of the research group.
- Take responsibility for documenting the minutes for technical group meetings, and reporting the technical progress to the project supervisor and research group, periodically and in a timely manner.
- Engage in the dissemination of results in high quality peer-reviewed publications as well as oral forms, independently, as directed by the project leader, and with the support of the research group.
Provide assistance to supervision, mentor ship and training to graduate students working within the research group, as appropriate, and as directed by the project supervisor.
PhD Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science or any related field.
- In-depth knowledge and adequate training experience in synthesis and physicochemical characterization of transition metal-oxide composites for heterogeneous photocatalysis.
- Technical experience in sol-gel and hydrothermal processing.
- Experience in establishing design of experiments, in-situ synthesis, surface functionalization, or gas chromatography is a plus.
- Abe to work on interdisciplinary research.
- Having demonstrated autonomy and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills.
How To Apply
- Research Interest Statement
- 3 Professional References
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).