Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To work on a research project on the detection of suspicious object on imaging data, to be conducted in the Center for Cyber Physical Systems (C2PS) . To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Assume primary responsibility for the development of the research project R4II.1
- Initiating, coordinating and conducting research activities within R4II.1 project Work Packages.
- Project management - ensuring outcomes are delivered on time.
- Documentation - producing technical and organizational documents related to R4II.2 project, including conference and journal papers.
- Event Management - planning and coordinating activities and events (evaluation sessions, demos, etc.) related to R4II.2 project, also in a wider context of KUCARS activities and events.
- Budgets - assisting in managing budgets related to R4II.2 project and estimating budget requirements, in coordination with KU entities (Procurement, Finance, etc.).
- Stakeholder Engagement - coordinating external stake holder engagement including support to raising event sponsorship money
- Publicity – reporting to KU External Relations on activities requiring publicity and dissemination (including involvement in publicity materials, promotional videos, advertisements, etc.)
- Supporting and assisting post-graduate students assigned to R4II.1 project.
PhD Degree in computer vision, machine learning, or close discipline
Must have :
- Hands-on experience related to one or more of the following themes: machine learning, deep learning on imaging data (e.g. RGB, RGB-D, X-ray ..)
- Theoritical and experiemental background in Objectness recursive model implementation, Region-proposal method, Network layers exchange method, Attention mechanism design, Self-tuned learning system design
How To Apply
- Research Interest Statement
- 3 professional references details
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).