Research Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
The research engineer will be involved in conducting research in a newly established research center (Advanced Digital and Additive Manufacturing – ADAM) at Khalifa University. Responsibilities will include carrying out computational modelling, based on the finite element method, of the Selective Laser Melting (SLM) additive manufacturing process related to austenitic stainless steel AISI 304. The research engineer is expected to develop a numerical model in Abqaus/Ansys of the SLM process and to predict the transient temperature distribution during the SLM process. The computational model results should be linked with the physical metallurgical phase changes in order to predict the phase transformations during the additive manufacturing SLM process. In addition to the his, the research engineer will be involved in operation of a SLM metallic 3D printer to produce necessary specimens for validation and metallographic characterization.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Required Experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience from additive manufacturing industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finite element analysis (Abaqus, Ansys)
How To Apply
- Research Interest Statement
- 3 Professional References
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).