Lecturer in Psychology and Counselling, Level B, Teaching Focussed
- Work in vibrant and culturally enriched regions renowned for great lifestyle at Bendigo Campus
- Part-time 60%, fixed-term 5 years position $93,632 - $110,897 per annum pro rata + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and were passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
La Trobe University is seeking to appoint an experienced practitioner in the field of Psychology as a teaching-focussed scholar. The successful applicant will be expected to work under the day-to-day direction of the Course Coordinator for the Master of Professional Psychology to source, develop and coordinate field placements (internal and external) for postgraduate students, and to provide quality supervision. Within a broader remit of a teaching focussed academic, the incumbent may be expected to contribute to the Department's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs, as relevant to their expertise and experience.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
Completion of a postgraduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience in Professional Psychology or a related area.
Professional qualifications in all of the following:
- Full registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Full membership (or eligibility) with the Australian Psychological Society (APS); and,
- Registration (or working towards registration) as a supervising psychologist at the higher degree program level by the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA).
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday 4 June 2019 by 11:55 pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Pauleen Bennett, +61 3 5444 7460, Pauleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Senior Recruitment business partner +61 3 9479 2030 or email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academic.