Technician Training Experience
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Welcome to the Technician Training Experience!
The TTE programme is aimed at technicians who are looking for a challenging professional experience which furthers their career.
You will have the opportunity to work in a diversity of fields at the cutting edge of technology: electronics, electricity, mechanics, IT, vacuum, cooling and ventilation, safety, radioprotection, survey engineering, are but a few of the examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
Your application will be considered by a panel of CERN experts for a place within the programme.
The next meeting of these experts will take place in October 2019.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states);
- You have a Technical Diploma (careers.cern/ttediplomas), and no more than 4 years' relevant experience after finishing your diploma;
- If you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your qualification by the start of your appointment at CERN;
- If you hold a BSc or MSc, you are not eligible. However you may be eligible for the Fellowship Programme.
You should have at least a working knowledge of English or French.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract of one year, renewable for a second year;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A take-home pay of 3,500 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva;
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents (PDF format) to complete your application:
- A full and clear CV (please make sure to put as much information as possible in it)
- A scanned copy of your latest relevant qualification (or a screenshot of the latest academic transcript obtained if the diploma is not yet obtained);
- At least one reference letter (from a professor or previous employer) giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. This should be as broad as possible.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should normally reach us no later than 23.09.2019.
Please make sure you have all the documents requested to hand as you start your application and name them accordingly (CV, diploma, reference letter ...). Once submitted you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application.
It's really important to fill with particular attention the motivation part and education/experience part.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland