Special Scientist, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
OPEN POSITION FOR SPECIAL SCIENTIST
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will be employed in externally funded research programs of FOSS. It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2019SS-08
- First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics.
Ideally, the successful candidate must have experience in research programs related to the research fields of the
Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory. Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
- Designing, setting up, and conducting research experiments for studying the efficiency and operation of PV at the level of cell, module and system in real and in standardized conditions
- Data and statistical analysis
- Development and use of appropriate models and algorithms for work on PV cells, modules, and systems.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic technology. The duties, apart from the research activity, will include the following:
- Writing Reports and research publications
- Research Proposal Preparation
- Support in writing Research Proposals
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The position (part-time or full-time) is for one-year contract on an hourly basis, with the possibility of renewal. The monthly employment cost (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1200-2800 (€8,57/hr - €20/hr). From this amount, employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out as part of the employment contract, will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- letter of interest for the position
- full cv
- copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
*The application must include the application code FOSS2019SS-08.
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email:
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus