Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Candidate will assist researcher on behavioral studies of mentalizing in strategic games using data collection and eye tracking.
Candidate will assist on research on the following topics:
- EEG and behavioral studies of mentalizing in strategic games
- Requires data collection through MTurk, EEG and eye tracking (Tobii and Mobile Eyelink)
- Measuring risky choices in a sequential game resembling sports competition
- Requires some programming (Java/Python), conducting lab experiments including eye tracking and psychophysiology (BioPac)
Candidate must have good writing skills, computing knowledge of R, Stata, Java, Python, OTree or Ztree, or enthusiasm and capacity to learn rapidly
- BA degree in quantitative social sciences
- MS degree in neuroscience, cognitive psychology, or economics