Lead Information Technology Developer, Finance
Application closing date 17/06/2019
Salary £39,609 - £48,677 (Grade 6)
Package Excellent benefits package
It's an exciting time to join the Information Services Application team (Development Finance) at Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is a leading, modern university. We create and support personalised learning and research opportunities for students, staff and partners that nurture talent, create knowledge and shape communities around the world.
For tomorrow, we have bold ambitions - growing our academic reputation, delivering an exceptional student experience, building innovation and enterprise, and ensuring our work is felt around the world. We aim to attract staff, students, researchers and partners with the skills, knowledge, expertise and potential to deliver high quality education, advice and research. In short, we aim to make a positive impact on society and the economy.
In an ever-changing technological landscape and as a progressive institution, we see the Information and library services department as integral to our success. This role sits within the Information Services application team whose primary purpose is to design, develop, implement and maintain the business and academic IT systems to support the Universities strategic and operational goals.
As Lead IT Developer (Finance) you will have the opportunity to lead a small team of Senior Finance Developers and provide day to day technical management and process guidance on development activities.
- As a Lead IT Developer (Finance), you will be an expert in the development of the Agresso Finance system and will constantly seek opportunites to develop, integrate and enhance the performance of its technologies.
- You will lead a small team of Senior Finance Developers and provide day to day technical management and process guidance on development activities.
- You will proactively support other IS staff to ensure the effective and reliable delivery of interconnected services across all finance services. You will support any new people initiatives and improvements to existing processes.
- You will also be required to liaise directly with the University system managers,working collaboratively to improve systems and services for the University, students and customers.
Who we are looking for Applicants must have:
- Experience of Managing Agresso configuration changes to meet organisation, structure and process changes
- Experience in monitoring Agresso finance system for application performance.
- Management role experience within a development finance team.
- Degree or equivalent in a related IT field or extensive relevant experience in a comparable role
- Strong team building skills and the ability to mentor colleagues and create a positive team culture
- Extensive experience in streamlining processes and contributing to systems improvements
- Demonstrable track record in successfully implementing new business processes to deal with new working practices
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please click here to read the full role profile/description.
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a minimum of 36 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Further information regarding our excellent benefits can be viewed here.
Salary: GBP 39,609 - GBP 48,677 per annum (Grade 6)
- Closing date: Monday 17th June 2019 (Midnight BST)
- Interviews: TBC
- Please note, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and hold Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.