5 days left
- Full Time
- Opportunity to provide project management support to the University’s Research Portfolio
- Located at Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- 12 month full-time fixed term, base salary $119K-$126K p.a plus superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to recruit a Project Manager to support the delivery of an exciting new project at the University of Sydney. This is an opportunity to work on a project from its inception and establish the project organisation structure, embed a governance and reporting structure and effectively manage activities to ensure milestones and deliverables are realized. This is a hands-on role where you will have the opportunity to become involved in all aspects of project management and coordination and manage key stakeholder relationships.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Project Manager who has:
- experience in project management and managing complex projects
- understanding and consistent application of project management competencies including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects
- experience project managing multiple work streams, or leading large complex projects and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- experience working in a university or government environment (ideal not essential)
Whether you’re a seasoned project manager looking for your next opportunity or keen to take your experience in project support and superb stakeholder management skills to the next level, we’d love to hear from you.
The University of Sydney is committed to being Australia’s leading comprehensive and research-intensive university. We are focused on continued improvement in our research performance, improving our competitive position both domestically and internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural wellbeing of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding; focusing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic research areas, including addressing some of the grand challenge of our time; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation, including commercialisation and social and cultural impact.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1046/0519F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, 23 June 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.