The Center for Autonomous Systems and Technologies (CAST) at Caltech is looking for a Research Scientist with experience in the design, testing, and integration of bio-inspired systems. Candidates for this position should have experience with mechanical design and assembly, fluid mechanical measurement and analysis.
More details about ongoing projects can be found at https://www.gharib.caltech.edu.
- Develop concepts for autonomous bio-inspired flying and swimming object.
- Develop and carry out experiments.
- Conduct literature research; write research reports and journal articles; present research work at conferences.
- Serve as mentor to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
Experimental fluid measurement, CAD, Matlab.