Under direct supervision, the Bus person prepares dining room to service customers, maintains dining room cleanliness and stock levels, provides customer service and performs basic food and beverage preparation.
Performs work in accordance with Institute and regulatory agencies safety standards and practices.
The Athenaeum operates 7 days a week.
You may be required to work a split shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Sorry, no gratuities.
- Maintains dining room areas, including stocking, set up and breakdown according to protocols
- Greets and assists customers; handles and follows up with routine requests
- Maintains overall cleanliness and presentation of dining room areas
- Buses trays, plates, etc. and cleans tables for upcoming customers
- Prepares food bars and/or buffet areas with appropriate food items and supplies as directed
- Ensures all drink equipment is clean and working properly
- Conducts inventory of items used and provides order list according to protocol
- Maintains maximum standards of sanitation and safety
- May serve food and beverages to clients per order
- May process and post order tickets according to protocol
- May have dining room closing responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate in English while performing assigned duties
- Must be flexible to work a split shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds of tables, dishes, glassware and food trays etc.
- ServSafe certificate or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must be able to follow and maintain maximum standards of ServSafe sanitation and safety to ensure the highest standards for food and beverage service